Controladora Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V. (“Volaris” or the “Company”) (NYSE: VLRS and BMV: VOLAR), is an ultra-low-cost carrier, with point-to-point operations, serving Mexico, the United States, Central and South America.
- Volaris offers low base fares to build its market, providing quality service and extensive customer choice.
- Volaris targets passengers who are visiting friends and relatives (VFR) as well as cost-conscious business and leisure travelers in Mexico, the United States, Central and South America.
- The Company has received the ESR (Empresa Socialmente Responable) distinctive for thirteen consecutive years and is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability MILA Pacific Alliance Index since November 2020. For more ESG information, please visit: Report Center ESG.
Mexico’s largest carrier
183+ million passengers flown since inception, serving Mexico, the United States, Central and South America
- (52% NEOs)
- Average fleet age
- LTM 31/10/2022
533 Average daily flights
- In 8 countries
- 120 Domestic
- 76 International
- 43 Domestic
- 28 International
Note: Open for sale as of October 2022
Our route map
Nothing is more important than the safety and security of our customers and Ambassadors; it is our top priority.
We create new experiences that make a difference; by knowing how to listen, propose solutions, solve efficiently, creatively, and with an excellent attitude to the needs of our internal and external customers.
The lowest cost always wins. Our goal is to grow steadily and maximize profits on a sustained basis. Fulfilling the above guarantees the growth of the Volaris Family.
- Started operations
- Order for 14 aircraft
- H1N1 outbreak in Mexico
- Launching of routes to the United States
- The social responsibility program “Volemos Juntos” is created
- Signing of agreement with the National Transplant Center (CENATRA) for the transfer of organs and tissues for transplant purposes in Mexico
- 20 million flown passengers
- Volaris and Airbus sign 44 aircraft order, the largest in Mexican aviation history
- Launching of the Volaris-INVEX Credit Card
- Initial Public Offering on the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Only Mexican airline listed on the NYSE
- Signing of the Agreement with End Child Prostitution and Trafficking (ECPAT) and The Code
- Fleet composed of 50 aircraft
- 50 million flown passengers
- Launching of the Integrated Environmental Protection Policy #CielitoLimpio
- Volaris ranks 83rd worldwide among all airlines and 19th among low-cost airlines (CAPA 100 Top Airlines ranked in ASMs).
- Launches operations to Costa Rica and Guatemala
- Follow-on offering at BMV and NYSE
- Volaris Costa Rica obtained a permit to fly to the United States
- Mobile check-in project (reduced paper consumption)
- Air Transport World recognized Volaris as the “Most Valuable Airline of the Year”
- New 80 aircraft NEO incremental order
- COVID-19 health and economic crisis
- Follow-on equity offering