Controladora Vuela Compañía de Aviación, S.A.B. de C.V. (“Volaris” or the “Company”) (NYSE: VLRS and BMV: VOLAR), is an ultra-low-cost carrier, with point-to-point operations, serving Mexico, the United States, Central and South America.
- Volaris offers low base fares to build its market, providing quality service and extensive customer choice.
- Volaris targets passengers who are visiting friends and relatives (VFR) as well as cost-conscious business and leisure travelers in Mexico, the United States, Central and South America.
- The Company has received the ESR (Empresa Socialmente Responable) distinctive for thirteen consecutive years and is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability MILA Pacific Alliance Index since November 2020. For more ESG information, please visit: Report Center ESG.
Mexico’s largest carrier
197+ million passengers flown since inception, serving Mexico, the United States, Central and South America
- (57% NEOs)
- Average fleet age
- LTM 31/5/2023
553 Average daily flights
- In 8 countries
- 120 Domestic
- 80 International
- 43 Domestic
- 28 International
Note: Operated as of May 2023
Our route map
Nothing is more important than the safety and security of our customers and Ambassadors; it is our top priority.
We create new experiences that make a difference; by knowing how to listen, propose solutions, solve efficiently, creatively, and with an excellent attitude to the needs of our internal and external customers.
The lowest cost always wins. Our goal is to grow steadily and maximize profits on a sustained basis. Fulfilling the above guarantees the growth of the Volaris Family.
- Concesionaria Vuela Compañía de Aviación is incorporated
- Started operations
- Order for 14 aircraft
- One million flown passengers
- H1N1 outbreak in Mexico
- Launching of routes to the United States
- The social responsibility program “Volemos Juntos” is created
- Signing of agreement with the National Transplant Center (CENATRA) for the transfer of organs and tissues for transplant purposes in Mexico
- Volaris launches operations at Mexico City International Airport (AICM)
- Ten million flown passengers
- Indigo Partners becomes shareholder
- 20 million flown passengers
- Volaris and Airbus sign 44 aircraft order, the largest in Mexican aviation history
- Launching of “Tú Decides”, fare unbundling structure
- Launching of the Volaris-INVEX Credit Card
- Initial Public Offering on the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Only Mexican airline listed on the NYSE
- Signing of the Agreement with End Child Prostitution and Trafficking (ECPAT) and The Code
- ISO 9001 Y 14001 certifications
- Fleet composed of 50 aircraft
- 50 million flown passengers
- Launching of the Integrated Environmental Protection Policy #CielitoLimpio
- Volaris ranks 83rd worldwide among all airlines and 19th among low-cost airlines (CAPA 100 Top Airlines ranked in ASMs).
- Launches operations to Costa Rica and Guatemala
- Follow-on offering at BMV and NYSE
- Arrival of the first A320 NEO aircraft
- Volaris receives Air Operator Certificate (AOC) in Costa Rica
- Volaris Costa Rica obtained a permit to fly to the United States
- Mobile check-in project (reduced paper consumption)
- Air Transport World recognized Volaris as the “Most Valuable Airline of the Year”
- New 80 aircraft NEO incremental order
- Publicy- listed airline with the lowest unit costs in the Americas and the Western Hemisphere, and the second lowest in the world
- Mexico’s leading airline by number of passengers carried in a year and fastest growing airline
- OTP and operational security awards*
*By OAG and Airline Ratings. (OTP: On Time Performance)
- COVID-19 health and economic crisis
- Follow-on equity offering
- Capacity recovery to pre-pandemic levels
- Volaris receives Air Operator Certificate (AOC) in El Salvador